Tradeshow planning can often be interrupted by unwanted surprises that can put your ability to showcase your company or product in jeopardy, push your marketing / trade show budget into the red, and in some cases ruin your show completely.
One would hate to think that this would ever happen, especially when you take the time and effort to plan enough in advance to skirt these issues. However, the best way to avoid disaster is to be prepared for it.
What Can Happen…?
- Exhibit gets lost during shipping, or wrong address given or taken
- Product arrives damaged, incomplete, or unable to use
- Warranty on product does not cover replacement, or rush shipping
- Missing Graphics, or they are delivered with scratches, tears or delamination
- Mismatched or incorrect display items arrive
- The cost of rushed product, graphics, and shipping can be two or three times the normal prices
What You Can Do
- Plan a presentation that can be done with product literature and signage ONLY.
- Bring backup literature, signage and graphics for those emergencies.
- Know what the warranty details are of the product you are buying or renting. Ask what their policies are for lost/damaged product and how quick you can get replacements.
- Have an alternate booth design in mind that you can incorporate with your previous display or accessories.
- Locate a local source in the show city for last-minute exhibit rentals and/or printing.
- Research trade show display companies that offer the best product, graphics, and overnight shipping rates. It may be cheaper than renting from the show exhibit services.
- Be aware of local print shops, home improvement or retail stores in the show city that have components or tools you can use to create a last minute solution as well.
Taking all of these tips into consideration for your next tradeshow or event will leave you as prepared as you can be for exhibiting your marketing message, staying within a reasonable budget, and laughing in the face of potential exhibiting disaster!