One of the most gratifying aspects of trade show consultation and production is working side by side with our customers and navigating them through the thousands of different exhibition booth style combinations that are available in this ever evolving industry.
One of the newer graphic technologies quickly gaining popularity is SEG. Let’s start with the basics and learn about the benefits of this great display technology.
What in the world is a Trade Show SEG Frame?
SEG (Silicone Edge Graphics) are fabric graphics with a revolutionary finishing technique for all extrusion based display systems.
Check out some SEG frame display solutions available.
SEG is a high-resolution dye-sublimated fabric graphic finished with a thin silicone strip. The silicone strip is sewn directly to the edge of the graphic, and the strip is then inserted into a frame with a recessed groove. The size of the graphic must be precise so the fabric is taut when installed in the frame. The result is a large format graphic that mimics the old fashioned hard panel graphics commonly found on custom displays and interior spaces.
Labor costs are drastically decreased with SEG graphics. SEG graphics install quickly and easily-often by only one individual. Change-out can occur in minutes and take down is even quicker. The graphics fold easily for storage. Messages can be displayed on the same structure without taking up non-existent space.
The result of the SEG graphics is striking. The fabric graphics mimic the old-time custom wall board or hard panel style graphics without all the hassle. Since SEG graphics are fabric, your booth will be glare-free and present a warm feeling with vivid color and deep presence.
What are the size limits of SEG?
• The maximum size (without a seam) of an SEG graphic is about 118” (117” visual).
• Larger seamed graphics are available.
What are the benefits of SEG?
• Looks great: Finished corners with flat fabric graphics replace hard panel graphics in custom displays.
• Storage and Shipping: Fabric is lighter than many other graphics. When folded neatly, fabric graphics take up much less space than traditional direct print graphics, which decreases drayage costs.
• Care: Fabric graphics can be washed and steamed and are just as durable and long lasting as traditional graphics.
• Lightweight: Larger graphics weigh less, perfect for draping or creating space definition.
• Cost: More image bang for the buck!
• Green: There are the obvious transportation and storage benefits. Even more exciting is the growing list of fabric options created from recycled materials.
• No Glare: Fabric is the perfect choice for media walls or any backdrop that is being photographed or video recorded.
• Versatility: SEG fabric can be applied to most displays or event structures.
• Less Visible Frame: The silicone edge means you see more graphic and less frame.
Do fabric graphics offer the same color saturation, vibrancy, definition, and overall image quality as other graphics?
Fabric not only matches other graphic options, it often exceeds it! Dye sublimation equipment is more advanced than ever offering near continuous tone (limited by the texture of the material you choose) and exceptional detail created from high DPI (dots per inch) outputs and sophisticated image patterns. Color is permanently dyed into the fabric creating a deep saturated image.
How should fabric graphics be cared for?
It is recommended that graphics be folded and stored in a bag. You may spot clean by wiping with a damp cloth. If it is necessary to wash the graphic and it is small enough, use a commercial size front-loading washing machine. Wash on the gentle cycle, with cool water. Dry cleaning is NOT recommended.
For our complete advice on graphic care and protecting your display between shows, check out Maintaining Your Display.
Have questions about choosing the right SEG Frame for your trade show display? Our exhibit experts are always happy to discuss options and recommend the best display for your company’s needs.
The Monster Displays team can be reached at Sales@MonsterDisplays.com or call (888) 484-3344, we’d love to put our experience to work for you.