Why Exhibit in 2011?
Industry trends often determine the path marketing so gracefully treads, however, one staple has always been trade show events. They can be a powerful instrument in your toolkit for the success of your business.
You can’t be seen unless you exhibit, sokick off 2011 with a strong, unified face-to-face marketing campaign.
Benefits of Attending a Trade Show
* Meet and greet the professionals that fit your unique marketing needs and budgets.
* Gain access to key retailers looking for the next “must have”, or new brands to showcase and put on retail shelves.
* Your company will be seen with the most serious experts in your field, and exposed to many potential users interested specifically to products or services unique to your industry.
* It’s the best platform on which to launch your latest product or marketing campaign to key buyers and decision makers.
* They offer marketing and sponsorship opportunities that will allow you to promote your presence before, during and after the show.
* You have the backing of a professional event organizer, who understands the region and sector, and has extensive experience working trade show events.
A Good Place to Start
In order to benefit fully from your exhibiting experience, it’s good to go in with a game plan. Know what you want from the show, who you want to target, and how to spark attention to your booth.
* Build on established relationships with existing clients
* Use targeted buyer strategies to generate new business leads
* Take the time to orchestrate a live demonstration in your booth to encourage interaction with potential customers and vitalize product and service sales
* Give yourself enough time to purchase or rent the appropriate display and marketing materials for the exhibiting space you have.
* Shop around the different shows for your industry – Value vs. expense, space size and visibility
* Sign up early enough to be included in the show marketing opportunities: Press releases, promotional emails, direct mail and inserts to their network of media and association partners
How to Chose the Right Trade Show:
* What is being done to target the right visitors to the show you will be attending?
* Are they generating key press coverage for new and highlighted features of the show?
* Have them provide the number of attendees for the last 5 Events.
* Where do attendees to this show usually travel from?
* Request reports showing the percentage of visitors that have purchased from recent shows.
* Require references from prior exhibitors for testimonials of success or complaints
* Ask about additional features; what seminars, workshops, entertainment, and incentives they are offering.
* Ask for a preview of your exhibit booth space
* Ask abour digital marketing opportunites and if a link to your company website will be included on the exhibit organizers member web page.
* Inquire about the dates of the show, make sure the trade show hours do not compete with other events.
If you take the time now and discuss the benefits of exhibiting, plan out your show strategies, and carefully choose the perfect exhibit organizer, 2011 can and will be a successful year for you and your company.